Sweet yet zesty this mouthwatering Crock-Pot Barbecue Lime Chicken will have you coming back for more. Chicken breasts or thighs are slow cooked for hours in your favorite BBQ sauce with the addition of fresh lime zest and juice!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Lime Chicken
I am in love with this recipe and my kids were begging for seconds! This recipe is so simple yet, the addition of fresh lime juice and zest adds a lovely zip to the slow cooked chicken and your favorite bottled barbecue sauce.
This recipe only has three ingredients but it is packed full of flavor. We served our pulled BBQ chicken on hamburger buns with a side of oven baked waffle fries for a kid friendly dinner. There was just a little bit of the zippy chicken leftover after dinner and I warmed it up in the microwave the next day, wrapped it up in a tortilla and topped it off with some shredded lettuce and a little shredded cheddar cheese for an amazing wrap for lunch the next day.
Another perk of this flavorful recipe is that is a super easy slow cooker freezer meal. The full freezer meal instructions can be found in the notes section of the recipe below, but basically you dump the chicken, BBQ sauce and lime juice and zest in a freezer bag and freeze it. Thaw or partially thaw when you are ready to cook. Easy peasy!
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Fat
This recipe for Crock-Pot Barbecue Lime Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Barbecue Lime Chicken Recipe
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs
- 16 Ounces Bottled Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Medium Limes (Zested And Juiced)
- Place the boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs in the bottom of a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together the barbecue sauce, lime zest and lime juice together quickly and then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken in cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken pieces from slow cooker and place on a plate and shred the meat using 2 forks.
- Return shredded chicken back to sauce in the slow cooker and stir quickly to combine meat with sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply