I found a package of Deer Steaks in my freezer and whipped this up for dinner. I find that if your meat is slightly frozen, it is easier to slice. Remember to only brown the steaks. You do not want them cooked. They will cook more in the crock-pot and absorb the liquid for a tastier sandwich
Crock-Pot Steak Sandwiches
1.5 Pounds Thin Sliced Sirloin Steak
1 Medium Onion, Sliced
1 10.5 Can Beef Consomme
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- In a skillet, add steak and onions.
- Sprinkle Garlic Powder over steak and cook until browned.
- Add steak and juices to a crock-pot.
- Add in Beef Consomme, Worcestershire Sauce, Pepper and salt.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Serve on buns with cheese.