I admit it. I love red meat. I would rather eat a steak than just about anything. But short ribs are very quickly becoming a close second. I had some delicious ribs at the Gala Steakhouse & Bistro
during a stay in Williamstown recently. Ever since then I have been craving them and wanting to make my own at home. My recipe is pretty simple and can’t really compare to the taste of what I had there but for a nice looking, great tasting Sunday night dinner with very little prep, these Crock-Pot Short Ribs will satisfy you. I served mine over mashed yellow potatoes. Enjoy!
3 Pounds of Beef Short Ribs
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
About 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- Lightly sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs into crock.
- Mix red wine and olive oil until combined.
- Pour over ribs.
- Add garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove cooked ribs from crock and keep warm.
- Pour about half the liquid that remains in crock into a sauce pan (with the garlic pieces) and turn to med-high heat.
- Slowly add brown sugar, stirring, until thickens slightly and boils (You can add more or less as desired).
- Be careful not to overboil.
- Spoon this over your cooked ribs.
Slow cooking these in the crock-pot allows them to taste like braised short-ribs. Many recipes for short-ribs cooked this way call for browning the first. I rarely brown my meat before adding to the crock but you certainly can do that.
These will be falling off the bone.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange