I admit it. I love red meat. I would rather eat a steak than just about anything. But short ribs are very quickly becoming a close second. I had some delicious ribs at the Gala Steakhouse & Bistro
during a stay in Williamstown recently. Ever since then I have been craving them and wanting to make my own at home. My recipe is pretty simple and can’t really compare to the taste of what I had there but for a nice looking, great tasting Sunday night dinner with very little prep, these Crock-Pot Short Ribs will satisfy you. I served mine over mashed yellow potatoes. Enjoy!
3 Pounds of Beef Short Ribs
1/2 Cup Red Wine
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
About 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- Lightly sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs into crock.
- Mix red wine and olive oil until combined.
- Pour over ribs.
- Add garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Remove cooked ribs from crock and keep warm.
- Pour about half the liquid that remains in crock into a sauce pan (with the garlic pieces) and turn to med-high heat.
- Slowly add brown sugar, stirring, until thickens slightly and boils (You can add more or less as desired).
- Be careful not to overboil.
- Spoon this over your cooked ribs.
Slow cooking these in the crock-pot allows them to taste like braised short-ribs. Many recipes for short-ribs cooked this way call for browning the first. I rarely brown my meat before adding to the crock but you certainly can do that.
These will be falling off the bone.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange
If you enjoyed this post please share it!