A handful of ingredients are needed for this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Short Ribs. Red wine, brown sugar, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper & beef ribs.
Slow Cooker Short Ribs
I must admit, I LOVE read meat. Given the choice between a nice steak and some chicken breast I am going to pick the steak every single time. Steak is my #1 choice but short ribs are easily my close second choice.
Recently on a date night dinner with my husband I ordered some delicious short ribs at the Gala Steakhouse & Bistro in Williamstown MA.
Ever since that dinner I have been simply craving some short ribs. So, with my slow cooker standing by I decided to see if I could create a short rib recipe that would satisfy that craving.
This short rib recipe is pretty simple and really can’t compare to those delicious ribs I had at the recipe. But my recipe still came out with some amazing flavor and looked nice too. The perfect dish to serve my family for a nice Sunday dinner.
I served the short ribs over mashed yellow potatoes with some lovely steamed broccoli on the side. It really was a great meal and I plan on making these short ribs over and over again!
Crock-Pot Short Ribs Recipe
- Lightly sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs into a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small bowl whisk together the red wine, olive oil and garlic with a fork until combined and pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- With a pot holders, carefully lift slow cooker insert from base and pour about half of the cooking liquid into a small saucepan. Place insert back into base and recover to keep ribs warm.
- Place saucepan on stove-top set to medium-high heat and add the brown sugar. Cook, stirring constantly until the sauce comes to a boil. Continue cooking about 3 to 5 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly. Being careful not the let the sauce boil over.
- Serve short ribs with sauce from saucepan spooned over.
Linked up at the Old Fashioned Recipe Exchange