This is a really easy one-pot supper if you like a sampling of Polish foods. And while sauerkraut isn’t a Polish tradition, polish sausage and cabbage is so I included it in my pot. Our family has German and Polish roots and we love the flavors of sausage or kielbasa here. Adding the brown sugar cuts down on the bite of the sauerkraut which my kids appreciated. This dinner goes great with a nice dark beer and is not for those on a diet. But hey, we all need to splurge once in a while. You could try this with homemade pierogi too, but I’m just not that good!
Crock-Pot Polish Mix-It Up Dinner
2 Pounds Polish Sausage Links or Polish Kielbasa
24 Ounces of Sauerkraut (Bagged,Canned or Jarred)
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- Place sauerkraut in bottom of your crock-pot.
- Top with brown sugar.
- Add sausage.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add frozen pierogies and cook for about another 2 hours.
- Dinner is ready when pierogies are cooked through.
- Serve with some brown mustard on the side if desired.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!