This super yummy Crock-Pot Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce is perfect spooned over a bowl of ice cream or topping your morning yogurt! Extras can easily be frozen!
Slow Cooker Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce
This is a great use of summer rhubarb. You can freeze extras for a “special” day in the winter when you are missing garden goodies! This is a great topping on angel food cake and ice cream.
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Cholesterol | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Vegan | Vegetarian
This recipe for Crock-Pot Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Rhubarb Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- Tongs or fork
- Freezer Containers or any food safe containers with lids
- 6 Cups Chopped Rhubarb
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar (*See note)
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Orange Zest
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 Cups Diced Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Whole Cinnamon Stick
- Add all ingredients to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat for 5 hours.
- Remove lid and and using tongs or a fork, fish out the cinnamon stick and discard.
- Serve warm strawberry rhubarb sauce over ice cream or angel food cake OR spoon sauce into a food safe container and chill in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply