Watch out dear readers, this recipe for Crock-Pot Hawaiian Meatballs is going to knock your socks off. These meatballs are mighty addictive. I actually made a double batch of this recipe in my large 7-quart slow cooker and took these to a potluck event at the kids school and they were a HUGE hit and not a single meatball was left. I was so sad.
But not really because later that week I made another batch and served these tasty meatballs over some sticky rice and a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables that I cooked up with just some sesame oil and minced garlic and we had these for dinner.
The entire family gobbled these up…totally a kid friendly meal!
This is one of those recipes that has minimal prep – cut your bell peppers, mix your sauce and dump everything in the Crock-Pot, turn it on and let it cook away!
You just cannot go wrong with this recipe folks and there are only 5 ingredients which makes it just super easy to make.
I urge you to try this recipe yourself and either make it for dinner or as an appetizer for your next get together. You won’t be disappointed, I promise!
Crock-Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
This simple recipe for Crock-Pot Hawaiian Meatballs is a crowd pleaser, You can easily double this recipe and cook in a larger slow cooker (6-7 quart) and take to your next pot-luck party. Or, serve over some rice with a side of stir-fry vegetables for a quick and easy family-friendly main dish!
1 (18 Oz.) Jar Pineapple Preserves (I used Smucker’s
2 Teaspooons Minced Garlic
3 Bell Peppers (I used one of each – red, yellow, orange)
1 (32 Oz) Bag Frozen Fully Cooked Meatballs (I used Farm Rich
- In a bowl mix together the pineapple preserves, hoisin sauce and minced garlic.
- Cut each bell pepper in half and scoop out seeds and cut off top stem end.
- Slice each bell pepper half into 1/2 inch strips and then cut crosswise into 1/2 chunks/cubes.
- Place frozen meatballs and cut bell peppers into a 4-5-quart slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over meatballs and give everything a quick toss.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours until meatballs are warmed through and bell peppers are tender.
- Serve as an appetizer or over rice as a main dish.