This recipe is included in our Crock-Pot 10 Easy Freezer Meals. If you are coming to this page first and are interested in doing freezer meals, start here. This recipe does NOT have to be frozen first, if you are wanting to do this recipe by itself, then stay on this page and we will go from here.
This was the first recipe we tried in our 10 Easy Freezer Meal list. For some reason I always figured French Dip sandwiches to be hard to do and in reality it was super easy. My children got a kick out of dipping the sandwiches in the consomme and eventually started dipping everything they could into it.
Crock-Pot French Dip Sandwiches
3 Pound Beef Chuck Roast (Remove Thick Cartilage, Fatty Area’s and cut into a few smaller chunks)
2 Cans of Campbells Beef Consomme (14.5 oz each) you will find this in the soup section
1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped or Shredded
- Remove the thick cartilage and fatty parts of the chuck roast.
- I would also cut it into a few smaller chunks, so it fits into the crock easier.
- Place the beef, chopped onions, and consomme into the crock.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high on 5-7 hours.
- Remove the Roast and large chunks of onions if you have them, and shred in a separate bowl.
- I poured the drippings into a strainer to keep out the larger chunks, and have just the liquid to dip into.
Freezer Meal Instruction:
Prepare the Chuck Roast the same as in the recipe.
Place the Chuck Roast and Chopped Onion in the ziploc bag.
Pour the 2 cans of Consomme into the bag.
Careful lay down flat and squeeze as much air as you.
Place in freezer.
Cook as directed above.
Thaw for 24 hours before you place in crock-pot to cook.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!