- One Cornish Game Hen Thawed
- 1 Apple Good for Cooking Diced
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Small Orange Quartered
- 1 Stalk of Celery Halved
- ½ Stick of Butter Softened
- Seasoned Salt
- ¼th Cup of Apple Cider
- 1 Can of 7 Up
- 12 inches of Twine
- Remove Giblets if they are in Cornish Hen.
- Tie Legs up with Tie.
- While tying (tie it like you tie your shoes) Make very large loops, with the twine and then I put the loop around the wing of the bird, this will help keep the bird from falling apart as it is removed from the crock-pot.
- Rub the bird with the butter inside and out.
- Salt and Pepper inside of Bird.
- Stuff bird with onions and apples and a stick of celery.
- Salt and Pepper outside of bird.
- Pour 7 up and Cider inside of bird.
- Lay bird down, with legs up into crock-pot.
- Put onions underneath the wings of bird and arrange around bird.
- Squeeze Oranges on Bird and they lay onto of Bird.
- Feel free to put remaining Apples, Celery, Onions on Bird or into crock-pot.
- Put remaining 7 up and apple cider into crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- When it is done, use a Meat thermometer and make sure it has been cooked to at least 180 degree’s.
- I used two sets of meat thongs, one grabbing at the front end, one at the back end at the same time and pulled up.
- Do not pull at the legs, or thighs as it will fall apart.
- You can also use more twine before hand and tie around the bird and pull up that way, just be sure to grab at the entire bird at once, not at individual pieces.
- Then put it under the broiler in your oven for 5 minutes to get the top to get darker and crispy, removing any onions, apples, or oranges that are on top of the bird.
- Feel free to baste when you are bringing it out of the crock-pot and you can baste again after you take it out of the oven.
- **These are often sold in groups of two..so you can do 2 at a time, if you have a very large crock-pot, just expect it to take the full 8 hours, and it will serve 6.