Here is a delicious Mexican inspired dish sent to us
by reader Denise Vallejos
that is easy to prepare for busy nights ahead of time in the crock-pot!
Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
15 Frozen Chicken Tender
1 Small White Onion, Chopped
3 Teaspoons Chopped Garlic
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Large Can White Hominy (I use Teasdale brand)
2 Cans Green Chile Enchilada Sauce (I use Las Palmas brand)
1 (32 Oz.) Container Sour Cream
Pepper Jack Cheese, Shredded
Salt And Pepper To Season
- Take15 chicken tenders, fry in a little olive oil along with 1 small diced white onion and 3 teaspoons of chopped garlic and salt and pepper to season.
- Cook until cooked through.
- Cut cooked chicken tenders in 3 to 4 pieces.
- Put in Crock-pot along with white hominy and enchilada sauce and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve in bowl and garnish with a dolop of sour cream and some shredded jack cheese.