An easy yet fun way to make Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup. No pre-cooking the chicken, just add the ingredients, and you will have a yummy soup!So continuing with my soup kick, decided to try one with enchilada sauce. It was yummy and the family enjoyed it.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
This lovely Mexican inspired soup is super easy to put together and toss in the slow cooker. And the flavor is really out of this world!
I like to top bowls of this comforting chicken soup with shredded cheddar cheese but you can use whatever your favorite taco-type toppings such as sour cream, diced avocado, sliced black olives. Or use a different type of cheese such as pepper jack, Monterrey jack or queso fresco!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 15 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 15 Ounces Canned Black Beans (Rinsed And Drained)
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 16 Ounces Frozen Corn
- 10 Ounces Canned Red Enchilada Sauce
- 10.75 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup (I Used Reduced Fat (Use A Gluten Free Brand To Make This Soup GF))
- 1 ½ Cups Milk (I Used Fat-Free Milk)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the tomato sauce, black beans, chopped onion, and frozen corn.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup and milk until smooth. Pour over ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Carefully remove cooked chicken breasts from slow cooker and place on a plate. Shred chicken meat with two forks and add back into slow cooker.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and top with shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips or whatever additional toppings you wish to use.