Use up those fresh vegetables from the garden or farmers market with this healthy recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken with Fresh Garden Veggies! Very easy to make! This recipe has ZERO Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving too!
Crock-Pot Chicken with Fresh Garden Veggies
This recipe for Chicken with Fresh Garden Veggies was a little something I threw together to help me use up some of the fresh vegetables that I had on hand.
One of the few things that actually grew really well in my garden this year was green beans. The kids and I planted the green beans in some of our flower beds that get really good drainage which was perfect for the immense amount of rain we had this summer.
I also had some onions and carrots that I got in my basket from Bountiful Basket. So while these onions and carrots where not grown in my own garden they came from someone’s garden.
And this recipe is versatile too…feel free to use other fresh vegetables that you have on hand such as zucchini, yellow squash, even asparagus would replace the green beans all quite nicely.
We served the chicken and veggies over cooked pasta that I boiled on the stove-top. But feel free to serve without the pasta or use rice instead.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Baby Carrots
- Fresh Green Beans – Trim the end off the green beans and either leave them whole or cut them into pieces.
- Yellow Onions – Peeled and diced
- Low Sodium Chicken Stock – I prefer to make my own Homemade Chicken Stock but you can use store bought too. Just be sure to use the low-sodium kind.
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Mrs. Dash Herb Blend
- Salt And Pepper – To taste
- Prepare your fresh vegetables by trimming the ends of the green beans, dicing the onion and washing the baby carrots.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker and season the chicken with the Mrs. Dash seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables on top of the chicken.
- Dribble the Worcestershire sauce over everything and then pour the chicken stock over all.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165° F on a meat thermometer.
More Tasty Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes:
- Crock-Pot Maple Dijon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
- Crock-Pot Hawaiian Haystacks
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Garlic Chicken
- Crock-Pot Chicken Potato Bake
|Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes||Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Easy Slow Cooker Recipes||6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Entree Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipes|