Your family will love this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken. Just 5 simple ingredients (plus rice for serving) makes this recipe quick and easy!
Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is a reader recipe from Jennifer Estep inspired by a Sparks People recipe. We are updating it to make sure the recipe works out well and to give you a picture of what it looks like.
Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken has a kick to with the salsa but it also very creamy with the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. I used a mild salsa, but you can use a hot salsa if that is your families preference.
My family enjoyed the flavor, especially the taco seasoning, even though they were confused with how it could have a taco flavor but be so creamy.
It was definitely different type of meal for them, than they are used to but they were pleased, happy to have seconds and I can make this again and be confident they will eat it!
I served this chicken over cooked rice as a burrito bowl, but you could easily toss the chicken into flour tortillas and make yummy burritos.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts – Use can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Salsa – To make this kid friendly I used a mild salsa, but you can add a bit more spice by using a mild or hot salsa. Use whatever brand of salsa you like.
- Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix – I prefer to make my own homemade taco seasoning mix but you can use a low salt version of store bought too.
- Canned Cream Of Mushroom Soup – I almost always use the Campbell’s Healthy Request cream of type soups when I cook just to shave off a few calories and grams of fat.
- Sour Cream – I usually use a light sour cream because I am on Weight Watchers but you can use a full-fat sour cream or fat-free. Just adjust the calories and fat accordingly.
- Add the chicken to a 6 quart slow cooker (or larger).
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour salsa and cream of mushroom soup (straight from the can) over the chicken and mix everything together to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and shred the chicken right in the slow cooker.
- If desired, serve over cooked rice or in tortillas as a burrito.
More Mexican Inspired Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Verde Chicken + Video
|Chicken Crock-Pot Recipes||Mexican Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Easy Slow Cooker Recipes||Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes|
|6 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes||Entree Slow Cooker Recipes|
Products Used In This Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe: