Your family will love this delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken. Just 5 simple ingredients (plus rice for serving) makes this recipe quick and easy!
Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is a reader recipe from Jennifer Estep inspired by a Sparks People recipe. We are updating it to make sure the recipe works out well and to give you a picture of what it looks like.
Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken has a kick to with the salsa but it also very creamy with the sour cream and cream of mushroom soup. I used a mild salsa, but you can use a hot salsa if that is your families preference.
My family enjoyed the flavor, especially the taco seasoning, even though they were confused with how it could have a taco flavor but be so creamy.
It was definitely different type of meal for them, than they are used to but they were pleased, happy to have seconds and I can make this again and be confident they will eat it!
I served this chicken over cooked rice as a burrito bowl, but you could easily toss the chicken into flour tortillas and make yummy burritos.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
More Mexican Inspired Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls
- Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken + Video
- Crock-Pot Chicken Ranch Tacos
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Verde Chicken + Video
Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken Recipe
- Add the chicken to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Pour salsa and cream of mushroom soup (straight from the can) over the chicken and mix everything together to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and shred the chicken right in the slow cooker.
- Serve over cooked rice or in burritos if desired.