If you need an easy dinner that the family will love this recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet N Sour Meatballs fits the bill. Saucy meatballs & veggies served over rice!
Slow Cooker Sweet N Sour Meatballs
Meatballs in the crock-pot are the one of the easiest recipes to make. Most of the time the recipe is just frozen meatballs dumped in a crock-pot with some sort of sauce and heated until the meatballs are infused with flavor. Simple enough.
This is one of those recipes. Cut up some bell peppers and some carrots. You could also add in some pineapple chunks if you choose or even some sugar snap pea pods. In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce and the sweet n sour sauce and then pour over the meatballs and the veggies in the crock-pot.
If you are not a big fan of using the pre-made store bought sweet n sour sauce. You can make your own with this easy recipe…
Homemade Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in the water/corn starch mixture and stir until thickened over. Remove from heat and use immediately.
If you use the homemade recipe for the meatballs double the homemade sweet n sour recipe. The added sauce is great for dipping or to add to the top of your rice.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Sweet N Sour Meatballs is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Sweet N Sour Meatballs Recipe
- 2 pounds Frozen Fully Cooked Meatballs (can use either beef or turkey meatballs)
- 2 medium Carrots (julienned)
- 1 small Onion (sliced)
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 1 Medium Red Bell Pepper (julienned)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 20 ounces Sweet N Sour Sauce (I used 2 (10 oz.) jars of La Choy brand sweet n sour sauce)
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- Place meatballs, garlic, green pepper, onion and carrots in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl mix sweet n sour sauce and soy sauce.
- Pour over the meatballs.
- Heat on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Gluten free frozen meatballs – Farm Rich original meatballs
- Gluten free sweet n sour sauce – La Choy sweet & sour sauce
- Gluten free soy sauce – San-J Tamari soy sauce
Leave a Reply