An easy and scrumptious recipe for Crock-Pot Lemon Chicken that is sure to be a hit with the family. The chicken comes out so moist and tender!
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
This week for some reason my 10 year old son Parker was being pretty darn picky in what he was going to eat. Normally my kids are not picky eaters and we don’t really force the issue. My husband and I cook dinner and they can love it or leave it (but they have to at least try it).
But it seems like everything we put on the dinner table this week was not something Parker wanted to eat. So I asked him what he wanted to eat in the hopes that I could find something to make him happy and get the kid to eat dinner and he asked for chicken legs.
He had no requests on how he wanted the chicken legs cooked so I got busy working on a new recipe and this is what I came up with.
This recipe for slow cooker lemon chicken is a pretty easy recipe however there is a bit of an extra step involved and that is browning the chicken before adding it to the crock-pot. It only takes about 15 minutes but it gives the dish some really great flavor. You can use any chicken parts you like in this recipe, however chicken breasts can tend to dry out a bit in the slow cooker if you over cook them. But because this recipe is cooked for a shorter time period you have less chance of that.
Like I said, we used legs and they came out super moist. The kids, who don’t seem to mind getting messy ate their with their hands but us civilized adults ate our chicken with a fork.
We served this with some rice pilaf and sauteed green beans.
And let me just say…the sauce from the chicken is amazing when spooned into the rice pilaf! 😉
I hope you enjoy!
Crock-Pot Lemon Chicken Recipe
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 5 – 6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil (divided)
- 5 – 6 pounds Chicken Pieces
- 12 ounces Frozen Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar (light or dark)
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt & pepper. Lightly dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan set over medium-high heat.
- Brown half of your chicken pieces in hot oil, being careful not to over crowd the pan.
- Continue until all the pieces are nicely browned on all sides, adding more oil as needed.
- Place chicken in a 6 quart or larger Crock-Pot.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the thawed lemonade concentrate, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl combine the 2 cold water and cornstarch and mix well.
- Stir cornstarch mixture into the cooking liquids in the Crock-Pot until well mixed.
- Cover and cook the liquid until the sauce is bubbly and has thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.