Make this simple and tasty recipe for Crock-Pot Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Wraps with just 8 basic ingredients! This recipe is full of zesty flavor! We love how simple this recipe is and love it even more because it can be made into a slow cooker freezer meal so that you can make it on any busy day!
Slow Cooker Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Wraps
This recipe is super easy to make and very tasty too! I have made this recipe several times and it is always a hit with my family. I can serve it for dinner or even lunch. Normally we throw the chicken into flour tortillas and eat it as a wrap or burrito. But you can also serve it over cooked white or brown rice too.
The ingredients are all really simple, and I bet you will have almost all of them already in your pantry!
With just a little prep work you can just toss the chicken and everything else in the slow cooker. And once the chicken is cooked, use a fork to shred the chicken and then add everything in a flour tortilla.
Top your wrap with some cheese, cilantro, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, or sour cream if you like and you have a wonderful lunch or dinner.
What I love most about this recipe is that it is easily turned into a freezer meal! Add all the ingredients in the recipe to a gallon sized freezer bag, lay it flat and push out all the extra air. Then, on the outside of the bag, write the recipe name with a Sharpie marker and the cooking instructions “Thaw before cooking and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours”.
It really is that easy!
And we are all about easy here at CrockPotLadies!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Wraps is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Southwestern Fiesta Chicken Wraps Recipe
- 1 pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 envelope Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix ((see note))
- 1 medium Onion (diced)
- 2 medium Green Bell Pepper (cleaned and diced)
- 14 ounces Canned Corn (drained)
- 14 ounces Canned Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 10 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (such as RoTel brand)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Cut the chicken into large chunks and place in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours or until the chicken is cooked.
- Using a fork shred the chicken meat and give everything in the slow cooker a quick stir.
- Serve in tortillas as a wrap or over rice with your favorite toppings and enjoy!