This delicious recipe for Crock-Pot Mediterranean Beef and Rice will transport you to Morocco with warm Garam Masala, hearty veggies and chucks of beef!
Slow Cooker Mediterranean Beef and Rice
My good friend showed me how she makes this Crock-Pot Mediterranean Beef and Rice. The taste was out of this world. She used a piece of beef (roast cut) and chopped it into smaller pieces. But the recipe can be used with other cuts of meat. You can use pork, lamb, ground beef, chicken and also turkey in place of the beef in this recipe.
The key to this recipe is the Garam Masala spice mixture. I found this easily at my local Super Walmart store but you should be able to find it in most major grocery stores or online.
I also used a Mediterranean Sea Salt that I had floating around in my pantry, but if you don’t have access to that you can just use plain sea salt or kosher salt.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Mediterranean Beef and Rice is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Mediterranean Beef and Rice Recipe
- 1 ½ tablespoons Garam Masala Spice
- 1 tablespoon Beef Bouillon Granules
- 1 teaspoon Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 pounds Beef Pot Roast (cut into small pieces, or use beef stew meat)
- 16 ounces Frozen Mixed Vegetables (or substitute fresh vegetables)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups Water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine together the garam masala, beef bouillon granules, sea salt, season all, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon and ginger.
- Toss meat with spices.
- Add seasoned meat, water, vegetables and minced garlic to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Before serving, mix in toasted pine nuts
- Serve over rice.