This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is a family favorite! Cut up chicken is sauced up with a delicious Asian inspired sauce and slow cooked.
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
If you are looking for an amazing slow cooker chicken recipe this one is it! My family gave rave reviews on this one and it is totally on our to-make again list. The flavor is amazing and it is pretty easy to put together. The hardest part of this meal is just cutting up the chicken before tossing everything else in the slow cooker!
We served this recipe with some steamed jasmine rice which is my personal favorite rice to serve with Asian inspired dishes and we also steamed up some broccoli and snow peas on the side. I drizzled some of the sauce from the chicken over my rice and veggies and it was good!
As we have mentioned before, chicken can be a tricky beast, especially chicken breasts as there is less fat and connective tissue in boneless skinless chicken breasts than there is in say dark meat like thighs or legs. Often times the chicken comes out dry and blah unless you add in moistness. And this honey sesame sauce does exactly that, the chicken comes out moist and tender and not dried out at all.
You’re Going To Love These Asian Inspired Slow Cooker Recipes Too!
Crock-Pot Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Honey
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce (low-sodium preferred, may use a gluten-free soy sauce if on a GF diet)
- ¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce (may use a gluten-free hoisin sauce if on a GF diet)
- 1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 6 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and place in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- In a small bowl mix honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil and garlic with a fork. Then pour over chicken in the slow cooker.1 Cup Honey –½ Cup Soy Sauce –¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce –1 Teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil –2 Cloves Garlic
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 – 4 hours until chicken is cooked.
- Pour liquid from chicken into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- Mix cold water and corn starch in a small bowl with a fork and pour into simmering sauce.6 Tablespoons Cold Water –2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes while stirring over medium heat until sauce is thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve chicken over rice garnishing with sliced green onions and sesame seeds if desired.Green Onions –Sesame Seeds