With only 5 simple ingredients you can have a delicious dinner in no time with this recipe for Crock-Pot Garlic & Herb Chicken. You can even start with frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts! This recipe is gluten free, paleo and Weight Watchers friendly too!
Slow Cooker Garlic & Herb Chicken
Here is a delicious recipe sent to us by reader and blogger Robyn Huffman who blogs over at Adventures In Abbyland.
If you need a quick and easy chicken recipe for your slow cooker look no further than this Crock-Pot Garlic & Herb Chicken. Boneless skinless chicken breasts are tossed in the slow cooker along with some onion, water, butter, McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb Seasoning, cooked. We LOVE that this recipe uses frozen chicken breasts. Because let’s face it, some days you just don’t have time to thaw meat!
However, if you have thawed chicken breasts we give you cooking instructions for that too!
You can serve this chicken with whatever your favorite side dish for chicken is. We served it with some canned cranberry sauce. But mashed potatoes, zucchini casserole, or even rice would be great with it too!
Finally, you can prepare this meal up to 24 hours in advance. Simply place all of the ingredients in a gallon sized food storage bag and store it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to put it in the slow cooker just dump everything in and turn it on to cook! That means even your spouse or older kids can get dinner cooking if you are at work or out running errands!
Thanks Robyn for the great recipe!
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sodium | Low Sugar | Paleo
This recipe for Crock-Pot Garlic & Herb Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Garlic & Herb Chicken Recipe
- 4 whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (frozen)
- ½ whole Onion (peeled and sliced)
- 1 ½ cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- Place the frozen chicken breasts in a 4 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add the sliced onion, water, butter and garlic and herb seasoning to top of the frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on HIGH or until chicken registers 165° F on an instant read meat thermometer.
- Season cooked chicken to taste with salt and pepper (if desired) and serve with your favorite side dish and enjoy!
Hilary Nathan says
Love using my crock pot!
We were not a fan. of this dish. It was very bland and had way too much liquid.
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Sorry this dish wasn’t to your liking Katrina.