This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes is both delicious and healthy! Make up this yummy one-pot slow cooker meal and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes came about because I had purchased a bag of sweet potatoes at our local Aldi grocery store at a great price. I just cannot seem to pass up on a good deal!
I already had in mind that I wanted to make a main dish for dinner with the sweet potatoes instead of a typical side dish that you would see at the holidays when most of us, I dare say, eat sweet potatoes.
I don’t know why I don’t eat them more often, they are SO yummy and healthy for you too. Packing all sorts of vitamins and minerals.
The sweet potatoes are cubed up and cooked with chicken. Chive and onion flavored cream cheese adds a just the right amount of creaminess to the whole dish. And a little maple syrup brings out the sweetness in the sweet potatoes and ties the whole thing together.
Because I am horrible about remembering to thaw meat out ahead of time I just used frozen chicken breasts straight from the freezer. There really isn’t any difference in cooking time.
I cooked this dish in my large 6.5 quart slow cooker but you can cook it any slow cooker that is larger than 5 quarts. Just use enough cubed sweet potatoes so that your cooker is not filled more than 3/4 of the way full. If your sweet potatoes are smaller or larger than “average” then just eyeball it.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 6 whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Real Maple Syrup (divided)
- 4 – 5 medium Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium Yellow Onion (peeled and diced)
- 4 tablespoons Cream Cheese with Chives and Onions
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Paprika (divided)
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Rosemary (divided)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher Salt (divided)
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper (divided)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray (optional) and set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Season them with half of the salt and pepper, half of the paprika and rosemary , drizzle half of the maple syrup over the chicken and cover them with all of the chopped onion.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes on top of the chicken. Season with the remaining half of the salt and pepper, paprika and rosemary and maple syrup.
- Divide the cream cheese into 4 to 5 pats and distribute it evenly over the top of the sweet potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the internal temperature of the chicken registers 165° F on an instant read meat thermometer.
- Carefully stir the melted cream cheese into the dish. Garnish with additional ground paprika and dried rosemary if desired before serving.