Craving something hot & chocolaty for dessert? Look no further than this rich dessert recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava Cake! Serve with ice cream!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
Everyone loves chocolate right? This recipe for Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava cake is ooey and gooey and just to-die-for! This is a cake you definitely want to eat warm right out of the slow cooker. Serve with some ice cream which gets all melt-y from the heat of the cake and you have one hot chocolaty mess of a dessert.
Hey, if you cannot get messy with dessert when can you?
Crock-Pot Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
- 3 Quart Crock-Pot or up to 6 quart slow cooker
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs and water.1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix –3 Large Eggs –⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil –1 ⅔ Cups Water
- Mix well with a hand mixer.
- In medium mixing bowl, mix pudding mix and milk.3.9 Ounces Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix –2 Cups Milk
- In a 3 to 6 quart slow cooker, add the chocolate cake batter.
- Then add the pudding mix batter. (DO NOT mix these)
- Next add the 2 cups of Chocolate morsels to the center of the mixture.2 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours.
- The cake is done when a knife comes out clean from the center. You will have some pudding on this but you will also have solid cake mix.
- Place a large plate with a lip or edge over the top of the crock-pot.
- Flip the crock-pot over and empty the contents on the plate.
- Be careful as the mixture is hot and steam will be forced out.
- Let slightly cool and serve.