Love Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies? Then, you are going to adore this recipe for Crock-Pot Thin Mint Cheesecake! Creamy cheesecake with chocolate & mint!
Slow Cooker Thin Mint Cheesecake
I added a drizzle of melted Dark Chocolate to the top of the cheesecake and half a thin mint cookie to make it look pretty!
Crock-Pot Thin Mint Cheesecake Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- Food Processor or blender
- Kitchen Towel or paper towels
- 16 Whole Thin Mint Cookies (pulverized)
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 24 Ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- 4 – 6 Cups Water (for water bath)
- Prepare a small springform pan that will fit inside a 6 quart or larger slow cooker by wrapping the outside bottom of the pan with aluminum foil. This will prevent water from getting into the pan while it cooks creating a soggy crust.
- In a food processor or blender crush the Thin Mint cookies until you have fine crumbs. Slowly add the melted butter and process until all of the cookie crumbs are coated in the butter.16 Whole Thin Mint Cookies –3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Add the cookie crumb mixture to a small springform pan and press to create a crust on the bottom of the pan using the back of a wooden spoon or bottom of a dry measuring cup.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together with a hand mixer the cream cheese and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.24 Ounces Cream Cheese –¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add each egg one at a time, beating after each addition.3 Large Eggs
- Mix in the mint extract and food coloring.1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract –3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- Pour cream cheese mixture evenly over crust in the springform pan.
- Place cheesecake into the bottom of the slow cooker then slowly pour water in the bottom of the slow cooker to create a water bath. Being careful not to get water inside your cheesecake. You want the water level to reach halfway up the sides of the springform pan.4 – 6 Cups Water
- Place a large clean kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels under the lid of the slow cooker to prevent condensation from dripping on the top of your cheesecake while it cooks.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.
- Remove lid and then carefully lift the springform pan out of the slow cooker.
- Allow the cheesecake to cool for 1 hour at room temperature before placing in the refrigerator to chill. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Great sounding and looking recipe! I was wondering though, what size crock-pot did you use for this recipe and what type of pan….did you use a spring form pan?
Lady Katie says
Any Stove safe pan can be used in a crock-pot. The one I normally use is a Crock Like bowl. A foil pan would also work. Or a spring pan but if you use the spring pan, you will need a metal trivet to prop the pan out of the water.
Lady Katie says
At the bottom of the page, I posted a picture of the pan I used and how it fit in the crock-pot. (5qt oval). I hope this helps.
Ben the Crock Pot King says
Great recipe!!! Bravo! well done. Just to mention I have a site, called crockpotking.com, that’s solely dedicated to crock pot cooking. If you have anymore, desert recipes, by all means let me know.