Tender cubes of lamb, carrots and potatoes are simmered in this recipe for Crock-Pot Irish Lamb Stew flavored slightly with Guinness beer for a hearty stew!
Slow Cooker Irish Lamb Stew
Are you feeling Irish yet with all of our yummy St. Patrick’s Day recipes? Well here is my contribution for a really yummy Irish lamb stew made in the, what else, crock-pot!
Lamb can be hard to come by in some areas (I have a shelf in my freezer full because we purchase a whole lamb slaughtered from a friend who’s daughter is in 4H) so if you cannot find lamb or it’s just not your thing, feel free to substitute beef in this recipe. I promise it will come out just as good!
Crock-Pot Irish Lamb Stew Recipe
- 2 Pounds Lean Lamb Meat (cubed)
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Guinness Beer
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Medium Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 16 Ounces Whole Pearl Onions (peeled)
- 4 Medium Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms (such as baby portabella or white button)
- In a large skillet or dutch oven heat the vegetable oil on medium high heat till hot.¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- Meanwhile place the flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish such as a pie plate and dredge lamb meat lightly in flour mixture.½ Cup All-Purpose Flour –2 Teaspoons Kosher Salt –¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper –2 Pounds Lean Lamb Meat
- Brown the floured cubes of lamb in the hot oil till nice and brown.
- Add browned lamb, water, Guinness, bay leaves, thyme, pearl onions, sliced carrots, potatoes and mushrooms to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 Cup Water –1 Cup Guinness Beer –2 Whole Bay Leaves –1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme –2 Medium Carrots –16 Ounces Whole Pearl Onions –1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms –4 Medium Potatoes
- Season with additional salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
Thank you for the recipe!! can’t wait to crock my irish stew tomorrow!! Looks and sounds delish..