This recipe for Crock-Pot Bourbon Apple Pork Chops is to die for! Savory chops are cooked in a great sauce filled with fresh apples spiked with bourbon.
Slow Cooker Bourbon Apple Pork Chops
We have had a lot of requests for some recipes using pork chops so I decided to get my creative juices flowing and come up with something tasty. I love the combination of apples and pork. they just seem to go together so well. And then I spied some bourbon on the liquor shelf in my pantry and had an “ah-ha” moment, that bourbon, apples and pork would be perfect. And it was.
If bourbon is not your thing, have no fear, just substitute apple juice for the bourbon and the dish will come out fantastic.
The house smelled amazing while this cooked and my husband raved about this dish for days afterwards.
Crock-Pot Bourbon Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and fresh thyme.
- Place pork chops in the bottom of a 6 or 7 quart oval crock-pot.
- In a bowl combine the sliced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and bourbon and stir well to combine.
- Pour apple mixture over pork chops in crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until pork chops are cooked and tender.
- Pour juices from the crock-pot into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer on the stove top.
- In a small cup combine 1/4 cup water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch and add slurry to simmering juices, cook while stirring until thickened into a nice glaze/sauce.
- Serve glaze poured over apples & pork chops.