Make this delicious and easy recipe for Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta for dinner soon because the flavor on this is out of this world! Tender chicken and a spicy (but not too spicy) sauce is cooked in the slow cooker and then tossed with pasta for a dish that is out of this world!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Pasta
This recipe for Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta was originally sent to us by one of our readers, Wanda Cochran. We are updating our older reader recipes so we have a picture for the recipe and we can make sure the recipe works well with the instructions we have.
This recipe is a tangy, original way to make a buffalo chicken recipe. Use a regular or hot wing sauce or even a tangy BBQ sauce if you don’t have wing sauce handy.
I had chicken tenderloins on hand instead of chicken breasts so that is what I used and found they were so easy to cut, that I may stick with them for most of my crock pot recipes. I generally HATE having to pre-cut the raw chicken, but the tenderloins were simply a breeze to slice through. No change in taste either.
My family enjoyed the meal, several of us ate it for seconds the next day. Will definitely have to cook this one up again!
- 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Can Opener
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Cheese Grater
- Pasta Pot
Check out these popular slow cooker chicken recipes too!
- Crock-Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup (Olive Garden Copycat) + Video
- Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu + Video
- Crock-Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock-Pot Pesto Chicken + Video
Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta Recipe
Chicken And Sauce
- 3 Whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (Cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
- 10.5 Ounces Canned Cream Of Chicken Soup
- ¾ Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (We Like Frank’s RedHot Sauce Brand)
- 2 Cups Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 16 Ounces Penne Pasta (Cooked According To Package Directions)
- Add the chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, and buffalo wing sauce to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring once in the middle of the cooking time if you can.
- When the chicken is done cooking, cook the penne pasta according to the instructions on package.
- While the pasta is cooking on the stove-top, add the ranch dressing, sour cream and mozzarella cheese into the chicken in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Once the pasta is done, drain and add to the slow cooker and mix well and it’s ready to be served. Enjoy!
Since I am from Buffalo NY and we use Blue Cheese with our wings instead of Ranch. Could I use blue cheese instead of the ranch dressing?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Cher, yes, you can use blue cheese dressing instead of ranch dressing in this recipe.
Hey cheer Cher, as someone who’s made this many times and also in Buffalo…. use the bleu.
Why is it so many of the delicious chicken recipes found here (& elsewhere) rarely say how much chicken to use? Because I almost never waste money buying chicken breasts, I must guess how much of the better parts of the bird to use. About the only “plus” to using breast meat is… well, breasts don’t have bones, unless you are using the entire front of a bird. No bones can be a “plus” if the meat must be cut before cooking. Dark meat is better tasting & is juicier than breasts. I normally buy 5Lb. or 10Lb. bags of leg quarters, so meals are more delicious & drops to about 1/4 the price of dry breast meat. Thank you much