This could not get any easier and this is quite delicious served with ham
or any other meat. This is a nice dish to add to your Thanksgiving
Crock-Pot Sweet Potatoes With A Hint Of Orange
4-6 Sweet Potatoes
¼ Cup Water
Zest Of One Orange
Butter (or Dairy free margarine), Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Wash your sweet potatoes and you can choose either to peel them or not. I don’t mind the skins left on and they add a little extra fiber and vitamins so I usually leave them on.
- Cut sweet potatoes in quarters lengthwise and then into large chunks.
- Add sweet potatoes, water and orange zest to crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high 2 hours or low 4 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Right in the crock-pot use a potato masher and mash sweet potatoes up, add butter, salt and pepper to taste. I usually add ½ stick of butter.