This is the first time I’ve made Lasagna in a long time, as it seemed so complex but this is a rather simple recipe and it worked out quite well.
1 Pound Hamburger (Can Be Slightly More as Well)
1 Jar of Ragu or Similar Spaghetti Sauce 2 Pound 13 oz Size
8 Cups Shredded Mozarella
4 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1 Box Oven Ready Lasagna 8 oz Size
- This will work best in an oblong crock-pot.
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Add all of spaghetti sauce and mix.
- Highly suggest you use a liner, this will make removal after much easier.
- Spray with Pam
- Put a small layer of sauce at bottom of crock-pot.
- Layer noodles, most will need to be split in half (in middle).
- Add a layer of meat sauce.
- Add a layer of cheese both mozzarella and cheddar.
- Add another layer of noodles.
- Add another layer of meat sauce then cheese and continue with the final layer being the meat sauce, saving cheese for the last hour.
- Cook on low for 4.
- After 4 hours put a mixture of the cheese on, put on high and cook for 15 minutes then back to low for 45 mintues.
I had one noodle left and some cheese left over (I purchased bagged shredded cheese.), If you are hand shredding you may want to start with less.