My grandmother made our 3 dogs dog food every month. She got out the huge stock pot and worked on it all day and then froze it in weekly containers. Our lab lived 15 years eating it every day. This is my variation of what she made. Some are not comfortable feeding their dog onions, but I have given my dogs cooked onions for years. Garlic is another some are not comfortable with garlic, but garlic does help keep the fleas away.
|Crock-Pot Homemade Chicken and Gizzards Dog Food||
- 2lb Chicken or Turkey Gizzards, chopped
- 2lb Chicken Meat, chopped
- 1lb Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onions, diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 1lb package of Rice cooked
- Add meat, carrots, onions, garlic powder and 1 cup water to crock-pot.
- Cook for 2.5 hours on low.
- Add cooked rice and one cup water.
- Cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Package either in single servings or in containers. You can either freeze the extras for future use or can them in jars using a pressure cooker.