Feed your doggy only the best with is easy recipe for Crock-Pot Homemade Dog Food! You will know exactly what is in your pooches dog food with this frugal recipe made super easy in your slow cooker with chicken or turkey gizzards and meat!
Slow Cooker Homemade Dog Food
My grandmother made our 3 dogs dog food every month. She got out the huge stock pot and worked on it all day and then froze it in weekly containers. Our lab lived 15 years eating it every day. This is my variation of what she made.
NOTE – After much debate in the comments and doing a little of our own research we have removed the onion and garlic powder from the original recipe. We would never want to include ingredients that may harm your beloved pets. Even though I have never had an issue including a little onion and garlic powder in my homemade dog food it would be amiss if those ingredients did harm someone’s dogs. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1 teaspoon garlic powder added with the chicken/turkey and carrots.
Crock-Pot Homemade Dog Food Recipe
- Add meat, carrots, and 1 cup water to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.2 Pounds Chicken or Turkey Gizzards –2 Pounds Chicken Meat –1 Pounds Carrots –2 Cups Water
- Cook for 2.5 hours on low.
- Add cooked rice and one cup water.2 Cups Water –1 Pounds Rice
- Cook for 30 minutes on low.
- Package either in single servings or in containers. You can either freeze the extras for future use or can them in jars using a pressure cooker.