Do you have some frozen shredded chicken? If you don’t, the next time you have extra chicken shred it and pop it in the freezer, then you have the first ingredient for this yummy soup. I don’t know about you, but if I don’t have to precook meat before I start a meal, I’m a much happier cook.
Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
2 Cups of Shredded Cooked Chicken
1 Yellow Onion, chopped or shredded
3 Cans of (14.5 Ounce) Diced Tomatoes
1 Can of Kidney Beans, drained
I Can of Corn, drained
1 cup of shredded or chopped thin Carrots
2 Stalks of Celery, Diced thin
1 Tablespoon of Minced Garlic
4 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Tortilla Chips, Shredded Cheese and other Garnishments that you enjoy
- I tried this first in my smallest crock-pot, but it was too small, so had to move it to a larger crock, so highly suggest you do a 5 quart or larger crock.
- I used a liner.
- You will add all ingredients, except garnishments, I always do Chicken Broth and Taco Seasoning last.
- Mix the Taco Seasoning in well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When ready serve with the cheese, tortilla chips and anything else you have gathered.