Warm up to a bowl of this delicious and easy to prepare Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Serve big bowls of this hearty Mexican inspired soup with crispy tortilla strips, plenty of of shredded cheese and a big dollop of sour cream!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a recipe originally given to us by Melissa Weaver, one of our readers. I made it for my family and they all enjoyed it. It really is a great family recipe that we will add to our meals. We ate it with tortilla’s, tortilla chips, sour cream and lots of cheese. The flavor worked really well, and it had a great kick to it.
My kids liked the beans the best (of course) and this type of meal is up my alley! I ate the leftovers for 2 more days. This recipe is easy to put the heat up with salsa or a spicy taco seasoning or go very mild. Whatever make your taste buds happy!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (Diced)
- 32 Ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth (Store Bought Or Homemade Chicken Broth)
- 15 Ounces Canned Black Beans (Drained And Rinsed)
- 15 Ounces Canned Chili Beans (Undrained)
- 29 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles (Such As RoTel Brand)
- 16 Ounces Canned Tomato Sauce
- 11 Ounces Canned Mexican Corn
- 1 Packet Low Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix (Or 3 Tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix)
- Add all ingredients to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker and stir briefly to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Carefully lift cooked chicken breasts out of the slow cooker and place on a plate so you can shred the meat with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup and stir.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and top with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese or your favorite toppings. For a touch of brightness a little fresh chopped cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice really brings out the flavors of the soup.
- Top bowls of hot soup with the fried tortilla strips, a dollop of sour cream and plenty of shredded cheese.