So with school starting up, I wanted a easy, filling recipe to feed my children in the morning. This slow cooker breakfast Casserole recipe worked well, plenty of leftovers for a few days and the kids loved it.
Crock-Pot Breakfast Casserole
1 Dozen Eggs
1 Cup of Milk
1 Package of Potato’s O’Brien approximately 32 Ounce
1 Pound of Bacon Cooked, Drained and cut into pieces.
1 Pound of Sausage, Browned and Drained
1/2 Cup of Green Onions, Diced
1 Medium Onion Chopped
3/4ths Pound of Cheddar Cheese
1/4th Cup of Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon of Prepared Mustard
Salt and Pepper to Taste
- I used a liner and sprayed with Pam.
- You will do about 3 layers.
- Start with potatoes, bacon, sausage, onions and cheddar cheese (do this 3 times).
- Although the layers don’t matter too much, make sure bacon is not on the top, it cooks better underneath other food.
- Make sure your final top is the last of the cheddar cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Pour over the layers.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or until the eggs are set (if your crock runs hotter than average shorten the time to 6-8 hours on low)..
- I cooked mine overnight so it would be ready in the morning.
If your crock is one that runs hot, try going at 6-8 hours first and see how well it has cooked. Mine took the full 10 hours but no crock cooks exactly the same as the next.
Linked up at: Hun What’s For Dinner