If you are looking for an easy way to cook up your taco meat try this method for Crock-Pot Easy Taco Meat. No chopping, no pre-cooking. Just simple & perfect!
Crock-Pot Easy Taco Meat
I’m all about making things as easy on myself as possible. One of the meals we have quite often is taco’s. Normally I just make the meat on the stove top, but decided I would try in the slow cooker but still make it super easy. It turned out super tasty, incredibly low maintenance, and the kids loved it!
There are only three ingredients in this recipe.
- Ground beef – I like to use extra lean ground beef with a fat content of 7% or less. I buy my ground beef in bulk when it goes on sale at my local grocery stores and freeze it. You can find some more great tips for ground beef here -> How To Prep Meat Ahead Of Time In Your Crock-Pot
- Diced onion – easy enough to buy a medium onion and dice it up yourself. But if you are short on time most grocery stores sell fresh diced onion in containers. You should be able to find those in the produce department. Additionally, you can also use frozen diced onion.
- Taco seasoning – I personally prefer to make my own homemade taco seasoning mix because I know EXACTLY what is in it. No hidden salt or MSG or any weird fillers. But that being said, use whatever brand of taco seasoning you like if making your own is not your thing. There are some great low-sodium brands out there if you just look.
Once you have your taco meat made you are ready making tacos. Gather up your favorite taco ingredients and have a taco bar for dinner where everyone in the family can assemble their own tacos for dinner. So much fun!
Taco Bar Ingredient Ideas:
- Tortillas – flour or corn your choice!
- Hard taco shells – can be found in the ethnic aisle of most grocery stores.
- Cheese – shredded cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack, queso fresco.
- Lettuce – I usually buy a bag of shredded lettuce to save time.
- Diced onion – yellow onion, white onion or for a pop of color red onion.
- Diced peppers – colorful bell peppers or jalapeno peppers if you want to add some heat to your tacos.
- Salsa or diced tomato – Make your own salsa or use a brand you love!
- Guacamole or diced avocado – Can buy pre-made guacamole or make your own.
- Sour cream – To me a taco isn’t a taco without it!
What are your favorite taco toppings? Leave a comment and let us know!
More Great Beef Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast
- Crock-Pot Sweet Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Chimichangas
- Crock-Pot Cheeseburger Joes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner