With just a handful of simple ingredients you can create this yummy side dish recipe for Crock-Pot Creamy Corn. Perfect for any meal including holidays!
Slow Cooker Creamy Corn
This simple corn side dish recipe transforms frozen corn (either fresh corn that you have frozen or store bought frozen corn) into a creamy wonder.
Milk, flour and eggs create a creamy sauce for the corn when cooked in the slow cooker. While butter, a little sugar, and salt add just the right amount of flavor.
This is a great side dish that you can serve any time of year and with just about any dinner you are making for your family. From a week night dinner to a more fancy family dinner like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter!
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Creamy Corn Recipe:
- 3 Quart, 3.5 Quart, 4 Quart Or 5 Quart Slow Cooker
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
Frequently Asked Questions
When corn is in peak season in the summer I love to make this creamy corn recipe using fresh corn over frozen. Just simply cut the kernels off the cobs of fresh corn and use just like you would frozen corn kernels. To make cutting the corn off the cob easier try this method from Chowhound.
If you have a couple cans of corn floating around in your pantry that you are not sure what to do with, this recipe can easily be made using canned corn too. Just open the cans of corn, drain off the liquid really well and proceed with the recipe!
While I think this recipe is perfect just as it is, you can zhuzh up this creamy corn recipe by adding one of the following ingredients:
– Bacon – Dice up 6 to 8 slices of bacon and fry them up in a pan on the stove until crispy. Drain off the bacon fat and add the cooked bacon right before serving.
– Jalapeno – Depending on how spicy you want your corn to be remove the seeds from 1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, dice them up pretty fine and add them when you add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
– Garlic – My husband LOVES garlic so for a little twist I like to add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the corn. YUM!