This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken recipe marries the savory flavors of garlic & chicken with the sweetness of brown sugar! With just 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving this is a healthy option for dinner!
Slow Cooker Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken
I am always on the lookout for a different way to cook chicken. My kids love chicken and I can always find a decent deal on chicken at the grocery store when I watch for good sales. I found this recipe and knew immediately that I had to try it out!
The brown sugar and garlic added a nice flavor to the chicken breast meat. I was really impressed at how the sweet and savory flavor of the brown sugar and garlic really infused into the meat making each bite tender, juicy and packed with a lot of flavor. The kids really enjoyed this recipe too and it is one I will be making again and again I am sure!
I added a side of steamed rice and spooned some of the leftover liquid from the crock-pot over the rice and it was delicious!
You can also easily make this into a freezer meal by doing a bit of prep work ahead of time and adding everything to a freezer bag!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Easy Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and minced garlic and cook for a minute or two, just until the garlic starts to turn translucent but not browned.
- Add in brown sugar and heat until brown sugar has melted.
- Add chicken to a bowl and pour garlic and brown sugar mixture over it.
- Add the chicken to a 5 – 6 quart crock-pot and cook on LOW for 2 to 4 hours.
- Serve over hot cooked white or brown rice.