Love corned beef but want a lower sodium recipe for it? Look no further than this Crock-Pot Simple Corned Beef recipe. Just a few ingredients & your slow cooker is all that is needed!
Slow Cooker Simple Corned Beef
When you need simple corned beef recipe for Saint Patrick’s day (or any day that you are craving a juicy corned beef!) this slow cooked corned beef is for you!
The corned beef is cooked on top of a bed of sliced onions which not only raises the meat off the bottom of the slow cooker but also imparts great flavor to the dish.
Then the corned beef is dotted with a few whole cloves and topped with a bay leaf.
Then a mixture of brown sugar, grainy mustard and pepper is poured on top and the whole thing is cooked in your Crock-Pot for 5 hours.
Let the corned beef rest for a few minutes before slicing and you end up with a juicy simple corned beef that is perfect for dinner or sandwiches for lunches.
This recipe for Crock-Pot Simple Corned Beef is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Simple Corned Beef Recipe
- Line 6 quart or larger slow cooker with a crock-pot liner or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced onions in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Take out the corned beef from the packaging and discard the seasoning packet included in the package. Rinse off the beef briefly in cold water and place on top of the sliced onions.
- Place the bay leaf on top of the corned beef and push the cloves in to the meat all over.
- In a small bowl mix together the water, brown sugar, mustard and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture carefully over the beef without losing the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours.
- I pulled it out after the 5 hours, and placed it in a bowl and covered it until we were ready, and then I sliced it.