My kids will not eat regular nuts. But, you put a bag of the Sugar Walnuts in front of them and they will polish them off. These taste nice and fresh and not a large coating of sugar on them. Be careful, the sugar will burn to the bottom of your crock-pot. This comes off easy with a little hot water and some soap.
Crock-Pot Sugar Coated Walnuts
1 16 Ounce Bag Walnut Halves
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon, ground
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Add walnuts and butter to crock-pot.
- Heat on low and stir as the butter melts.
- Once the butter has melted, add in the powdered sugar stirring as you add to coat all the walnuts.
- Cook on high for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture on top of the walnuts stirring to coat all walnuts.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper or foil on a counter or table.
- Spread the nuts out evenly on the paper/foil allowing them to cool.
- Store in a sealed container or bag.
If you enjoyed this post please share it!