Simple and easy to make this recipe for Crock-Pot Sugar Coated Walnuts taste a thousand times better than the ones you can buy in the stores!
Slow Cooker Sugar Coated Walnuts
My family and I like to make these sugar coated walnuts in our slow cooker each year around the holidays and give cute holiday tins full of them as Christmas gifts to our neighbors.
Crock-Pot Sugar Coated Walnuts Recipe
- Add walnuts and butter to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.1 Pound Walnut Halves –½ Cup Salted Butter
- While the butter is melting, mix the powdered sugar, cinnamon, cloves and ginger in a small mixing bowl and set aside.½ Cup Powdered Sugar –1 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon –¼ Teaspoon Ground Cloves –¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Once the butter has melted, stir the walnuts to coat them in the melted butter.
- Slowly stir in the spiced powdered sugar mixture to coat the walnuts evenly.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH, cover the slow cooker and cook the walnuts for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper or foil on a countertop and spread the nuts out evenly allowing them to cool completely.
- Once the nuts are cooked store them in a tightly sealed food storage container or bag for up to 2 weeks.