This is a super easy weeknight dinner perfect for those days that you are busy and need something easy. And the flavor is unreal! We served this Cilantro Lime Chicken as a filling for soft tacos with all the fixin’s. Sour cream (yes please!), shredded cheddar cheese (bring it on!), lettuce (you can give mine to the guinea pig) and some fresh cilantro as a garnish (love it!). But you can use this as a filling for burritos, shred it up with a fork and put it on tostadas or even a nice roll for a pulled chicken sandwich.
However you fix it it is YUM!
And this recipe is easily made as a make-ahead-freezer meal as well as you can toss all the ingredients in a large Ziploc style bag and pop into the freezer. Just thaw the bag the night before in the refrigerator and dump the ingredients in your slow-cooker when you are ready to rock & roll!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and if you give a try, be sure to come on back and leave a comment and let us know how it turned out for you!
Crock-Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
This quick and easy crock-pot recipe is a winner for dinner in our house. Simply toss the ingredients together and set it and forget it in the slow cooker. Can also be made as a freezer meal by combining all ingredients in a large gallon size Ziploc freezer bag.
1 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish/serving
1 (1 lb.) bag frozen corn
1 small onion, diced
1 cup salsa
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin
salt & pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl combine all ingredients except for chicken and mix to combine.
- Pour half of mixture into the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top and pour remaining mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Shred chicken with a fork and serve as a filling in tacos, burritos or even over rice.