Make this delicious Crock-Pot Easy Pizza Soup that your kids will find tasty. Serve with a side of garlic toast for dipping in the soup with cheese on top!
Slow Cooker Easy Pizza Soup
I was searching through my recipes and trying to find a decent soup that was not only quick to make, but something my two kids would think was tasty. My sister recommended Crock-Pot Easy Pizza Soup. It was a cold snowy day and my kids love pizza so why not try to come up with a recipe that combines the flavors of pizza but in a soup form!
I was game and the kids thought it was an exciting adventure too!
First, I cooked up my hamburger and drained it, and then added in some sausage (I used venison sausage because we are hunters in our family and I had some on hand, but any sausage will do…pork sausage, turkey sausage, etc). My children love sausage on their pizzas, and figured why not add a little more flavor.
The original recipe calls for a jar of spaghetti sauce, but you can easily substitute a store bought version, for a homemade version. The same for the canned tomato soup, substitute for a homemade version.
Since I was making this on a day that school was closed due to the weather, I went ahead and made some garlic bread with sliced bread. My two kids helped me with the garlic bread. We sliced the bread first to make sticks for dipping.
Topped with a little shredded cheddar cheese and a few slices of pepperoni, and we had a great lunch that my kids loved.
Check out these awesome slow cooker soups too!
- Crock-Pot Amish Chicken & Corn Soup
- Crock-Pot Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock-Pot Tuscan Bean Soup
- Crock-Pot Easy Minestrone
- Crock-Pot Cheese, Beer & Bratwurst Soup
Crock-Pot Easy Pizza Soup Recipe
- 1 Pound Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 Pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 6 Cups Water
- 52 Ounces Canned Condensed Tomato Soup
- 24 Ounces Jarred Marinara Sauce (Or Homemade Marinara Sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 6 Ounces Sliced Pepperoni
- ½ Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a large skillet on the stove-top, cook, brown and crumble the Italian sausage and ground beef. Once cooked, drain off any excess cooking fat and add the meat to a 5 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add the water, tomato soup, marinara sauce and Italian seasoning to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Ladle hot soup into bowls and top each serving with a couple slices of pepperoni and a pinch or two of shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy!
Can I make my sausage and ground beef the day before and stick it in the fridge and then let it reheat back in the crock pot with sauce?
Emilee @ CrockPotLadies says