Full of flavor this recipe for Crock-Pot Pineapple Verde Chicken combines the flavors of sweet and juicy pineapple with the tang of roasted green chilies for a slow cooker chicken recipe that is out of this world. Serve the cooked chicken over nachos (like we have done here) or in burritos, tacos or a over rice!
Slow Cooker Pineapple Verde Chicken
I love the combination of sweet and savory, so when my kids said they wanted nachos for dinner I knew exactly what I wanted to make. I wanted to cook up some chicken that is full of flavor, shred it up and serve it over tortilla chips, cheese, some salsa or pico de gallo and maybe just a dollop of sour cream and I knew I would be in nacho heaven.
Our family loves nachos because I can just set out bowls of all the toppings and everyone can pick their favorite topping for their nachos. We then pop the plates of chips in a warm oven (be sure to use oven safe plates) to melt the cheese and make everything melt-y and delicious!
This chicken comes out super good and full of flavor and is versatile too. If nachos are “nacho thang” (see what I did there?) then serve the chicken in tortillas for burritos or tacos or cook up some white or brown rice, heat up some black beans (or whatever beans strike your fancy) add some sweet and savory chicken to your bowl top with cheese and make burritos bowls!
I had a little bit of leftover chicken and made one of the best quesadillas I have had in a long time with the leftover meat and a bunch of Monterrey Jack cheese…oh my yum!
Nutrition information based on using chicken breasts.
Gluten Free | Low Calorie | Low Carb | Low Fat | Low Sugar | Paleo
This recipe for Crock-Pot Pineapple Verde Chicken is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Pineapple Verde Chicken Recipe
- 4 whole Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (or thighs)
- 16 ounces Verde Green Salsa (whatever heat level you like (I used mild))
- 8 ounces Canned Pineapple Chunks (in water)
- 5 ounces Canned Fire Roasted Diced Green Chilies
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- In the bottom of a 5 quart or larger slow cooker add the chicken breasts (or thighs).
- Pour the jar of verde green salsa, canned pineapple chucks (with the juice), the canned fire roasted green chilies and the minced garlic over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 – 6 hours or on HIGH for 2 – 3 hours or until the chicken is cooked through and easily falls apart with a fork.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a plate and shred with two forks or a claw meat shredder.
- Place shredded chicken back into slow cooker and stir everything together to combine.
Kris Creek says
To clarify – is that 4 WHOLE chicken breasts or 4 chicken breast halves?
Crock-Pot Ladies says
4 chicken breast halves.
Hello! I’m vegan, but still very much want to try a variation of this recipe!! Do you have any suggestions for a protein replacement?? Thanks so much!!
Crock-Pot Ladies says
Hi Heather, I am not well versed on the vegan meat alternatives available. But I would guess any vegan chicken alternative may be worth trying. If you do give it a try let us know what you used and how it came out.