Katie is a stay at home mother of 2 small children. She has a small part-time work at home job to help bring in extra money for the family. Living in the country brings alot of opportunities for natural foods. And having a family with a background in hunting and canning bring many opportunities for new foods. Finding new recipes to cook with is a must. In her spare time Katie enjoys cooking, fishing, mushroom hunting (can we say crazy about mushroom hunting), bargain shopping, gardening, raising hunting dogs, sewing and exploring with her children.
- Age: I was born in 1970
- Location: Illinois
- Family: Family of 4 (Husband, 2 small kids at home)
- Pets: 1 dogs , 16 chickens, 7 Heritage Breed Turkeys, 13 Ducks, 5 Rabbits, and 5 Geese. Just a small farm!
- Occupation: I have been a stay-at-home mother for the last 3 years. Prior to that, I worked a full time high stress job in the community I live in.
- Words to live by: Do it right the first time and I wont have to do it again.
- Crock-Pot she cooks with: I mainly cook with a 4-quart Rival SR400. But I have two larger crock-pots two Rivals 3060 6-quart