Serve this hearty Crock-Pot Shrimp Jambalaya over rice for a classic Creole dish that is sure to please. Full of down home Southern flavor!
Slow Cooker Shrimp Jambalaya
Be transported to the Creole South with this mouthwatering dish of shrimp jambalaya that is cooked to perfection in your slow cooker. Even the rice is cooked in the slow cooker making this a delicious and hearty meal with the perfect balance of flavors!
This recipe for Crock-Pot Shrimp Jambalaya is Weight Watchers Friendly on the new Personal Points plan. You can see the WW personal points for this recipe here on the Weight Watchers website. Click here for MORE of our Weight Watchers Recipes
Crock-Pot Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot Or Larger
- ¼ Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- ½ Cup Diced Celery
- ½ Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Pounds Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 19 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- ½ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (more or less per taste)
- 1 ½ Cups Long-Grain White Rice (Uncooked)
- In a medium skillet on the stove-top set over medium-high heat melt the butter and then add the onion, celery and bell pepper. Sauté until the onion is translucent.¼ Cup Unsalted Butter –1 Cup Diced Yellow Onion –½ Cup Diced Celery –½ Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- Add the sautéed vegetables, shrimp, tomatoes, chicken broth, Creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.2 Pounds Shrimp –19 Ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes –3 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth –2 Teaspoons Creole Seasoning –½ Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce –⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker to HIGH and stir in the dry white rice.1 ½ Cups Long-Grain White Rice
- Recover and cook for an additional 1 hour or until the rice is cooked.
- Turn the slow cooker OFF and eat immediately to avoid overcooking the rice.