To prevent sticking and to make clean up easier you may want to spray your slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray or use a slow cooker liner.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
- Place all ingredients into a 1 gallon size zippered freezer bag OR FoodSaver bag.
- Place bag on flat surface and seal bag closed while pressing out as much excess air as possible OR use your FoodSaver sealing system to vacuum seal the bag closed.
- Label bag with date prepared, name of recipe, ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Lay bag flat in freezer and allow to freeze for several hours. At that point you can stand the bags upright in your freezer if desired.
- To thaw, remove bag from freezer and place on a plate in the refrigerator overnight OR place bag in a clean kitchen sink filled with cool water for several hours to allow the contents of the bag to partially thaw enough that the contents can easily be removed from the bag and placed in the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours from the partially thawed state.