Need an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast? This hearty gluten-free & vegetarian recipe for Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate Oatmeal hit the spot on a chilly day!
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
The last few weeks it has been in the 30’s here in Wyoming. This is actually been considered a “warm” winter here with very little snow on the ground this year compared to past years.
When it is cold I love a hearty hot breakfast to warm me up from the inside out. This hot chocolate steel cut oatmeal breakfast is like combining the best of cold weather foods and drinks. A big bowl of hot oatmeal combined with hot chocolate!
I personally like to eat this oatmeal plain right out of the slow cooker. But my kids LOVE to stir in some additional chocolate chips and mini-marshmallows into their bowls.
I tend to make this recipe on Sunday. I get up early and get this cooking in the slow cooker. We head off the church at about 9:30 and by the time we get home we have a late breakfast.
But if you want to eat this yummy hot cocoa oatmeal on the weekday. You can cook it ahead of time in your slow cooker. Portion it out into meal prep bowls and reheat the oatmeal in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Equipment Needed For Crock-Pot Hot Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe:
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart, 6 Quart, 6.5 Quart Or 7 Quart Slow Cooker
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray OR Crock-Pot Liner (Optional)
More Tasty Oatmeal Recipes!
- Crock-Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Spiced Peaches & Cream Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Express Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Crock-Pot Overnight Apple Oatmeal