With only 5 ingredients you can make a delicious and moist Crock-Pot Banana Cake that is perfect served as is or with fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top! If you have a couple overripe bananas that you need to use up this is a simple and easy recipe!
Crock-Pot Banana Cake
When looking through my pantry the other day I discovered a box of yellow cake mix that I didn’t know I had and decided to do something with it.
Spotting a couple of bananas on the counter that were just starting to turn brown I decided to try and combine the two and make a yummy banana cake in my 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker.
I LOVE my casserole slow cooker because I can bake just about anything that I would in the oven right on my counter-top without heating up the whole oven and thus, the whole house.
I also love the fact that the finished dish looks more like a traditionally baked cake or casserole when cooked in the casserole slow cooker instead of an oval or round.
Of course, if you don’t have a casserole slow cooker yet (and I highly recommend you getting one!) you can use a 6 quart or larger oval or round slow cooker. Your finished cake will just not be rectangular and slices will probably be wedge shaped. But that’s okay. Nothing wrong with that!
This banana cake came out perfectly moist with a great banana flavor. It was really hard to resist eating the whole thing it was THAT good!
I let my cake cool completely to room temperature and then served individual slices with a dollop of Cool Whip and some sliced strawberries. Isn’t the combo of strawberries and bananas heavenly?
Real whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream would be divine too.
Give this banana cake a try and let me know what you think!
- Yellow Cake Mix – I used a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix.
- Vegetable Oil
- Bananas – Ripe bananas work best because they are sweeter.
- Spray a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker OR a 6 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs and mashed bananas until everything is well mixed and there are no lumps of dry cake mix.
- Pour prepared cake batter into slow cooker.
- Place a clean kitchen towel or a layer of paper towels between the lid of the slow cooker and the slow cooker insert.
- Prop the lid open slightly with a wooden spoon or other heat safe utensil to allow moisture to escape.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour and then check the cake for doneness.
- Continue cooking for 30 to 40 additional minutes if needed.
- The cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and the sides of the cake have started to pull away from the sides of the slow cooker.
- When cake is done remove slow cooker insert from the base using potholders and place on a wire rack to cool.
Once cooled, run a butter knife along the sides of the cake to help release the cake from the slow cooker.
- Carefully flip the cake over out of the slow cooker onto a cooling rack or serving platter.
- Flip cake back over so that the top of the cake is facing upwards.
- Serve slices of cake with whipped cream or Cool Whip and sliced strawberries if desired.
- 3.5 Quart Casserole Slow Cooker OR 6 Quart Slow Cooker (Or Larger)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Mixing Bowl
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Hand Mixer
- Kitchen Towel OR Paper Towels
- Pot Holders
- Wire Cooling Rack
More Tasty Slow Cooker Banana Recipes You Must Try!
- Crock-Pot Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Slow Cooker 5 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Banana Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker Nutella Banana Bread
- Crock-Pot Chocolate Banana Cake