Nothing says fall like a good old fashioned apple crisp and you can make this warm and delicious recipe in your slow cooker with our amazing Crock-Pot Apple Crisp recipe! Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Crock-Pot Apple Crisp
This is, hands down, one of my favorite slow cooker recipes because really…who doesn’t love a plate of warm apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream melting all over it.
This recipe, as written, is great. But feel free to change it up a little and make it your own. You can add a handful or two of chopped pecans or walnuts to the crumble topping. You can peel or not peel your apples…you can do a mixture of tart and sweet apples…you could even add raisins or dried cranberries to the apple mixture!
I have a really hard time not just eating the whole crisp straight from the slow cooker, but you can (if you have the willpower) make this up and store it covered in the refrigerator and heat it back up in the microwave. It should store a good 4 – 5 days in the fridge…if it lasts that long!
- Apples – You will need about 3 pounds of your favorite apples for baking (see our Guide On Picking The Best Apples)
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Ground Cinnamon
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Peel, core and thinly sliced your apples and place them in a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon to the apples and toss to coat.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine together the oats, brown sugar and softened butter and mix with a pastry cutter or two knifes until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle oat mixture evenly over the top of the apples.
- Place a layer of paper towels or a clean kitchen towel between the slow cooker crock and lid to prevent condensation from dripping on your apple crisp while it cooks.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or until apples are fully cooked and crisp topping is browned along the edges.
- 5 Quart, 5.5 Quart Or 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- Vegetable Peeler
- Apple Corer
- Cutting Board
- Dry Measuring Cups And Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Pastry Cutter
- Paper Towels Or Kitchen Towel
Try These Yummy Slow Cooker Desserts Too!
- Crock-Pot Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Slow Cooker Sugar Cookie Party Mix
- Crock-Pot Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
- Slow Cooker Banana Cake
- Crock-Pot Pineapple Angel Food Cake
|Dessert Crock-Pot Recipes||Apple Slow Cooker Recipes|
|Fall Slow Cooker Recipes||5 Quart Crock-Pot Recipes|
|Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Recipes||American Slow Cooker Recipe|