Use your slow cooker to make homemade Crock-Pot Strawberry Preserves. Great on toast or in place of jelly with peanut butter. Use canning jars to store.
Crock-Pot Strawberry Preserves
Crock-Pot Strawberry Preserves Recipe
- Wash, remove stems and quarter strawberries.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- With a fork, smash the strawberries.
- Add sugar (start with 1/4 and add more if too tart).
- Cook on Warm (no warm setting, use low) for 6-8 hours with lid ajar until strawberries thicken.
- Makes 1 1/2 half pint jars of preserves.
- Hot water bath or refrigerate.