Serve this Crock-Pot Spicy Italian Beef on buns or rolls for a great dinner or lunch that everyone in the family will love! Just the right amount of spice!
Slow Cooker Spicy Italian Beef
Thanks Kristen at Every Day Moms Meals for a great recipe!
Crock-Pot Spicy Italian Beef Recipe
Tender shredded beef is combined with the perfect combination of pepperoncini peppers, beer, onions and Italian seasonings and then served on rolls with provolone cheese for a great tasting meaty sandwich that is a huge hit with everyone!
- 6 Quart Crock-Pot or larger
- 3 Pounds Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- 12 Ounces Jarred Pepperoncini Peppers
- 14.5 Ounces Low Sodium Beef Broth (or homemade beef broth)
- 12 Ounces Beer
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Italian Seasoning
- 12 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 12 Medium Submarine Sandwich Rolls
- Trim beef of excess fat (if necessary) and cut into 6 to 6 large chunks.3 Pounds Boneless Beef Chuck Roast
- Place meat in the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Drain the juice off the jar of pepperoncini peppers and pull off the stems and add the peppers to the slow cooker.12 Ounces Jarred Pepperoncini Peppers
- Add the beef broth, beer, onion and Italian seasoning to the slow cooker and stir to combine.14.5 Ounces Low Sodium Beef Broth –12 Ounces Beer –1 Medium Yellow Onion –2 Tablespoons Dried Italian Seasoning
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Using tongs, remove the chunks of beef and place in a shallow dish and shred the meat using two forks.
- Add shredded beef back into slow cooker.
- To serve: place 1 slice of provolone cheese on the bottom of each opened submarine sandwich roll and then using a slotted spoon, scoop warm meat mixture onto of the cheese allowing the cheese to melt a little bit.12 Slices Provolone Cheese –12 Medium Submarine Sandwich Rolls
- Serve with extra peppers and juice on the side, if desired.
Calories: 466kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 608mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 238mg | Iron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Rate the recipe and then let us know how it was!
How spicy does this actually turn out? I LOVE spicy food, but sadly, my boyfriend does not and is highly sensitive to it. I would love to try this recipe out with just a small kick of spice so it is tolerable and tasty for him.